Why choose Low Dose 3D Mammography at the Joyce Murtha Breast Care Center?
Low Dose 3D Mammography is specialized medical imaging that uses a low-dose x-ray system to see inside the breasts, used to aid in the early detection and diagnosis of breast diseases in women. Our new 3D mammography machines offer an advanced form of breast imaging where multiple images of the breast from different angles are captured and reconstructed into a three-dimensional image set. It can also result in:
- Earlier detection of small breast cancers that may be hidden in a conventional mammogram
- Greater accuracy in pinpointing size, shape, and location of abnormalities
- Fewer unnecessary biopsies or additional tests
- Greater likelihood of detecting multiple breast tumors
- Clearer images of dense, overlapping breast tissue
- Minimized patient radiation dose
Schedule your Low Dose 3D Mammogram by calling 814-467-3438 or toll free 877-232-0801.