Please note, you can currently book your class appointments through June 30. On June 15 the next two weeks will become available (through July 15), on July 1 the next two weeks will become available (through July 30), and so on.
Aerobics & Yoga Class Descriptions
Classes are located in Windber Place on the 5th floor, next to Windber Hospice.
- Balance Basics – This class will teach strengthening and balance exercises utilizing proper progression and sequencing. The goal is to improve balance and stability, and prevent falls. Participants will also learn about all sensory systems essential for balance. Basic agility skills will also be incorporated.
- Healing Yoga – This class is moderately active with emphasis on restoration of flexibility, strength, and balance. Special attention will be given to relaxation techniques and stress management.
- Tai Chi – Improve balance, build muscle strength, accelerate healing, and reduce the negative effects of chronic pain and stress through the gentle movements of tai chi and qigong. Drawing on movements from Yang-style tai chi, Integral tai chi can be done standing or seated. Classes incorporate gentle movement and breathing practices to build lung health, self-applied massage to increase energy, and deep relaxation practices to help normalize blood pressure and reduce stress hormones.
- Yoga 1 – This is a moderately active, low impact class. You’ll put your joints through a full range of motion to improve flexibility, strength, and stamina. Must be able to get up and down on the floor.
- Yoga 2 – This class is a combination of Yoga 1 & Yoga 2. It is a very active, but low impact class. You’ll put your joints through a full range of motion to improve flexibility, with a focus on building strength and stamina.
- Wake Up with Yoga – This is an active class. It is low impact, putting joints through a full range of motion to improve flexibility.
- Yoga for Every Body – This is a slower-paced, prop-assisted class where participants are encouraged to be very attentive to their own individual limitations and abilities. Yoga poses and movements encourage flexibility, balance, range of motion, and stress management.