Dr. Peter Bertin
Dr. Taesun Moon
General & Bariatric Surgery
Dr. Mohammad J. Saadat
A selection of experienced physicians at Chan Soon-Shiong Medical Center at Windber offers a variety of gastrointestinal procedures, including:
- Colonoscopy – An exam used to detect changes or abnormalities in the large intestine (colon) and rectum.
- Upper Endoscopy (EGD) – An esophagealgastroduodenoscopy (EGD) is used to diagnose and/or treat conditions that affect the upper digestive system which includes the esophagus, stomach, and beginning of the small intestine (duodenum).
- Capsule Endoscopy – A procedure that uses a tiny wireless camera inside of a vitamin-sized capsule that is swallowed. The capsule travels through the digestive tract taking thousands of pictures that are transmitted to a recorder you wear on a belt around your waist. The study helps doctors see inside the small intestine, an area that isn’t easily reached with more traditional endoscopy procedures.
- Bravo 48-hour pH Monitoring – Used to assess whether acid is coming back into the esophagus from the stomach which involves placing a pH capsule to the esophageal wall during an upper endoscopy.
- Hemorrhoid Energy Therapy – A non-surgical treatment method for treating symptomatic grade I & II internal hemorrhoids.
- High-resolution Esophageal Manometry and Impedance (Motility Testing) – Diagnostic test for gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) which simultaneously measures pressures and the assessment of esophageal transport function.