To schedule your MRI, call 814-467-3438.
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) uses a powerful magnetic field, radio frequency pulses, and a computer to produce detailed pictures of organs, soft tissues, bone and virtually all other internal body structures. It may be used to evaluate the body for a variety of conditions, including tumors and diseases of the liver, heart, and bowel.
Chan Soon-Shiong Medical Center’s MRI:
- Typically has appointments available within 24 hours of a physician referral
- Has a 24-48 hour turn-around time for referring physician to receive report
- Uses state-of-the-art imaging technology to provide faster scan times
- Provides more comfortable exams that help prevent that “closed-in” feeling
- Uses a powerful magnet that provides high-quality images so your doctor can have greater diagnostic confidence
Common Uses of MRIs
- To examine abnormalities of the brain and spinal cord
- To examine abnormalities in various parts of the body such as breast, prostate, and liver
- To evaluate injuries or abnormalities of the joints
- To examine areas of activation within the brain
- To evaluate blood flow through blood vessels and arteries