For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 814-467-3465.
The Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Clinic at Chan Soon-Shiong Medical Center at Windber is designed as a community service to provide custom adaptive medical equipment within this under-served area. It specifically allows individuals the opportunity to receive specialized equipment without the need to travel long distances to receive it. The clinic offers a comprehensive evaluation with a physical therapist and DME supplier, focusing on the patient’s current needs and mobility.
Who can benefit from this?
- Adult and pediatric population.
- Those in need of custom fitted equipment.
What takes place?
- PT evaluation of impairments and functional mobility.
- Assessment of appropriate devices for patient’s needs.
- Trial of equipment for determination of safety and comfort upon availability.
What do individuals need to participate?
- Physician’s prescription for Physical Therapy Equipment Evaluation.
- Proof of participating insurance.
We focus on custom fitted durable medical equipment versus off-the-shelf devices, including:
- Manual and Powered Wheelchairs
- Specialized Walkers and Gait Trainers
- Adaptive Strollers
- Adaptive Positioners
- Bath/Toileting Systems
- Adaptive Car Seats
- Adaptive Beds