For each person there is a different pattern of grief. But all of us experience similar feelings and emotions. Windber Hospice Bereavement Care Services will help you become more aware of what you are going through. It will also help you understand what you may experience as your grieve the loss of a loved one.
Our follow-up care can help you learn how to overcome feelings of grief:
- By making available a trusted and compassionate person who can listen to your concerns
- By providing education about the grieving process and the emotions that you may expect during your period of bereavement.
- By teaching new ways to cope with the stress of loss and grief.
- By providing help in becoming involved in a new life – seeking out new support persons, groups and activities.
- By simply knowing that someone is available in your time of need.
Our services will encourage you to:
- Share your thoughts and feelings aloud. This can often help you gain a better perspective on the meaning and effects of your loss.
- Express painful feelings, such as anger, despair or guilt, as a way to reduce their intensity.
- Reminisce about loved ones, which will help you to have a better perspective on relationship you shared together.
- Discuss with someone the changes you are experiencing in your life, which may ease the transition to a new beginning.
We hope you will take advantage of some, or all, of the following support groups that we offer:
- Individual Counseling – Through home or telephone visits with a Hospice Bereavement Care team member or Hospice Social Worker.
- Bereavement Support Events – Through attendance of a yearly memorial services, holiday gathering and yearly butterfly release.
- Self Help – Through participating in the Self-Help Correspondence for the bereaved, which you will receive on a monthly basis through mailings.
The Caring Group
The Caring Group gives individuals and families a chance to gather, socialize and share their grieving experiences and concerns with one another, with the direction of our Hospice Chaplain.
Last Tuesday of each month
Windber Place (next to Windber Hospice)
For additional information on support services call 814-467-3434.