February 16, 2023
5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Windber Place at CSSMCW
Call 814-467-3892 to register by 2/10! Seating is limited.
Join us for a FREE & INTERACTIVE Program
with Cardiovascular Disease Specialists Samir Hadeed, MD and Jude Mugerwa, MD
Learn about the causes, signs, symptoms, and possible treatment and prevention of cardiovascular disease, peripheral vascular disease, and atrial fibrillation.
- Cardiovascular disease refers to conditions that involve narrowed or blocked blood vessels that can lead to a heart attack, chest pain, or stroke. Other heart conditions, such as those that affect your heart’s muscle, valves, or rhythm, also are considered forms of heart disease.
- Peripheral vascular disease (PVD) is a blood circulation disorder that causes the blood vessels outside of your heart and brain to narrow, block, or spasm. This can happen in your arteries or veins. PVD typically causes pain and fatigue, often in your legs, and especially during exercise.
- Atrial fibrillation (A-fib) is an irregular and often very rapid heart rhythm that can lead to blood clots in the heart. A-fib increases the risk of stroke, heart failure and other heart-related complications.
MEET OUR TEAMS: CATH LAB, CARDIAC REHAB, DIETARY & NUTRITION
Q & A • Healthy Lifestyle Literature • Blood Pressure Checks • Heart Healthy Refreshments
- Samir Hadeed, MD, a cardiovascular disease specialist who is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology, and Nuclear Cardiology.
- Jude Mugerwa, MD, a cardiovascular disease specialist who is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Nuclear Cardiology.